Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A little late posting

In the end Caterham completed my car. The parts came in too late for me to finish it - hence the blog just stopped. I was very dissapointed that I could not complete the build myself. Others that year had similar experiences due to the switch from the imperial chassie to the metric.
Anyway I had great academy year coming 3rd overall with best finish of 2nd place at Cadwell and Brands.
I then converted the car to RSB spec had a very dissapointing opening round with a DNF and a 20th. I wasn't to be written off though and followed up with a 2nd and 6th at Castle combe and than a maiden Pole and win and 2nd at Cadwell park. Unfortuately then I had to hang my helmet for being skint.
I Sadly sold my Caterham to a young chap who has since sold it onto someone else who has been in touch as he is racing my old car on and off.
I loved owning my Caterham though. The high lights where winning my first race, an epic trip driving it to the Ring completing 14 laps and on to Spa for a open pitlane trackday on the way back. Doing over 20 track/test days, 11 races, learning how to drive, falling in love with Cadwell park - it's rare a week passes without thinking about it - yes the Goose neck is just a lift then flat in fourth you just need the right line....brake earlier for hall bend than carry the speed through...the thought go on and on

Fo 2010 I bought a Formula Vee (a single seater based around beetle suspension and engine - a little faster than RSA on a lap)

I realised Caterhams really do offer gentle intro to motorsport. The learning curve is steep the competition is tighter and money really does help. Best results where a 4th at Brands a Pole in the wet at Oulton. I also qualied 3rd at Cadwell but with mechancal issues in race 1 and a spin in race two I failed to capitilise on being the 2nd fastest car out there in my Leastone - I guess also at Cadwell the driving can really make up time where as at Silverston I was 4 seconds off the fastest due to the long power sapping straights.
My car is now up for sale a year 2000 Leastone with Brian James Minno £4000 Send me an email if you are interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home