Monday, November 06, 2006

The Joy of back order......




04/11/2006 - Day 2

After discovering a raft of parts missing yesterday today I decided to start on some things that are not mentioned on the shortages list.

The steering rack. Off to flying start - rack in - bolts and brackets on - tie rod ends on 11 turns each locking nut engaged - SVA covers slid over. Next locate cheese shaped wedge thing to go behind pedal box. After a thorough search it was declared missing. B**##***s!! So that was out the window.

Next the diff - Climbing under the car with necessary bolts and washers I tested the long top mount - perfect. So balancing the diff on my new jack a raised it into position and threaded through the top bolt (this seemed all to easy as in other diaries this could be deemed almost impossible). With that done all I had to do was locate and space out the lower mounts- well guess what? No missing parts the parts supplies are just wrong and don't fit - a mix up apparently with old and new.

With my spirit dampened I locked up the garage until Monday to get some answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home