Saturday, November 04, 2006

My car is here - Hurrah!!



03/11/2006 - Day 1

Today at approximately 1.30pm my life changed forever.

A new era of scuffed knuckles, cursing missing bits and smiling had begun.
Sighting the truck pulling up outside my flat lead to whoops of joy as I and my mate Jethro ran down the stairs to greet the bringer of my new found joy. Opening up the back of his delivery truck revealed what I had been waiting for since parting with vast sums of money almost 6 months ago. My car!

In various boxes and little plastic bags were all the bits - or so I hoped - waiting to be assembled. I couldn't wait. After thanking the delivery driver and seeing him off I entered my new home for the next few weeks - the garage full to bursting with Caterham stuff!

Where should I begin - well I opened every box and looked through to familiarize myself with every thing. Then I decided we should attempt the front suspension. A quick recci for bits soon revealed a lacking in the lower wish bone R/h and L/h - I then decided it would be a good idea to check the missing components list - this revealed some disappointing facts. It was obvious the roll cage was missing but, so also was the de dion bar and rear radius arm. I could not start on any part of the suspension. Gutted. So to get things going I put masking tape on all the vunerable parts and went to the local autofactors for some basic supplies - copper slip, grease, loctite etc.etc. and called it a day.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 pm, Blogger caterhamnut said...

Look forward to following this - lots of pics please!
cheers, a&t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home