Monday, November 06, 2006

The bits are out there...somewhere...

Day 3 - 05/11/2006

Got home from work early, about 2.30 ish - It was time to find out where and when my missing parts were. Well where they are no one knows, when they'll be here the same. No answers. Is this a good enough service after shelling out 18k+, I'm not sure. Well anyway James[the chap at Caterham] was polite and seemed genuinely concerned and promised me I was in the top 10 to first receive my missing parts. I was/am very disappointed - I've taken most of this week off work to get the bulk of building done - this, now, will just not happen.

After much questioning I fathomed James was telling the truth and I then tried to get him to advise me on what I can get up to in my free time. It turns out I can fit the engine and gearbox and ancillaries - that should keep me busy for a bit. Still annoyed though....

It was getting late in the day now at about 4pm to start any thing major like the engine and g/box. I had a look in the boxes and found the radiator and took to putting the fan on and loosely mounting it on the car. Not sure about the nyloc's supplied for fixing the fan on as the captive bolts don't quite pass through them. Also I found in a bag some aluminum washers x8 - no mention of them in the Manuel but I assume they go either side of the Rad mounts (see pic). After that i made another not so good discovery - the bolt that holds on the water tank is the wrong thread and and won't go in but a few turns - Another call will be made tomorrow.

After that I wanted to feel I had got nearer to driving the car some how and put the steering wheel loosely on the quick release boss - after pretending I was Jensen Button pre GP I locked up garage and headed in for tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home